The healthy way to support your community – Join the YMCA.
When you join the Y, you’re not just saying yes to a top-notch Centre, great workout programs, family-friendly activities, and knowledgeable staff; you’re showing your support for a charity that’s been building a healthy Pictou County for more than 50 years.
As a member, you’re part of a centre of community and a charitable organization with a shared commitment to build healthy communities.
All Memberships include:
- Unlimited drop-in swims and open gym times
- Free child minding services
- Free membership hold options
- Access to Canadian YMCAs when travelling
- Access to a 25m pool, therapeutic pool, hot tub and a steam room
- Access to a Fitness Centre
- Access to a Cycle Fit studio
- Accessible hours
- Actively supporting your community
You will also enjoy the following additional member benefits with a Membership + Program Type of Membership:
- Free swimming lessons
- Unlimited drop-in group fitness classes
- Discounts on birthday parties
- Discounts on personal training and courses
- Discounts on Camps
Visit the YMCA in person, take a tour and meet the team. The YMCA is located inside the Pictou County Wellness Centre at 2756 Westville Rd. New Glasgow, B2H 5C6
YMCA Membership Pricing
|Joiner’s Fee – $50.00 YMCA adult, adult couple, family, senior, and senior couple pay a once per membership package joining fee. This non-refundable fee supports operational excellence and ensures ongoing upgrades of equipment and facilities. Members who have left the YMCA of Pictou County for longer than one year will be considered new members and are subject to this fee. All memberships are at least a three-month commitment.|
Financial Assistance Program
The Y is for everyone. If you need financial support for YMCA membership, childcare, programs or day camp, we can help.
The YMCA is able to offer financial assistance due to generous donations from people who believe in the values of the YMCA. Each year our YMCA provides more than $250,000 in direct financial assistance to ensure that kids, youth, adults, seniors and families can access YMCA programming.
Steps for the Financial Assistance Program:
- Call (902-752-0202) or stop by the YMCA to make an appointment.
- Bring your Notice of Assessment for all adults in your household to the appointment.
During our Pandemic reopening Phases we request that you make arrangements for Child Minding by appointment; please email Heather Beaton at email@example.com
|Monday – Friday
|Monday – Thursday
Not a YMCA Member? Try the Y with our convenient drop-in options
|Ages 14 & Under Day Pass||$10.00 (no tax)|
|Ages 15+ Day Pass (Child minding is included)||$10.00 (+ tax)|
|10 Punch Pass (Child minding is included)||$75.00 (+ tax)|