The healthy way to support your community – Join the YMCA.
When you join the Y, you’re not just saying yes to a top-notch Centre, great workout programs, family-friendly activities, and knowledgeable staff; you’re showing your support for a charity that’s been building a healthy Pictou County for more than 50 years.
As a member, you’re part of a centre of community and a charitable organization with a shared commitment to build healthy communities.
All Memberships include:
- Unlimited drop-in swims and open gym times; see the Weekly Schedule & Program Guide for details
- Free child minding services
- Free membership hold options
- Access to Canadian YMCAs when travelling
- Access to a 25m pool, leisure pool, hot tub and a steam room
- Access to a Fitness Centre
- Access to a Cycle Fit studio
- Accessible hours
- Actively supporting your community
You will also enjoy the following additional member benefits with a Membership + Program Type of Membership:
- Free swimming lessons
- Unlimited drop-in group fitness classes
- Discounts on birthday parties
- Discounts on personal training and courses
- Discounts on Camps
Visit the YMCA in person, take a tour and meet the team. The YMCA is located inside the Pictou County Wellness Centre at 2756 Westville Rd. New Glasgow, B2H 5C6
YMCA Membership Pricing
|Joiner’s Fee – $50.00 YMCA adult, adult couple, family, senior, and senior couple pay a once per membership package joining fee. This non-refundable fee supports operational excellence and ensures ongoing upgrades of equipment and facilities. Members who have left the YMCA of Pictou County for longer than one year will be considered new members and are subject to this fee. All memberships are at least a three-month commitment.|
Financial Assistance Program
The Y is a Charity and here for everyone. If you need financial support for YMCA membership, childcare, programs or day camp, we can help.
The YMCA is able to offer financial assistance due to generous donations from people who believe in the values of the YMCA. Each year our YMCA provides more than $250,000 in direct financial assistance to ensure that kids, youth, adults, seniors and families can access YMCA programming.
Steps for the Financial Assistance Program:
- Call (902-752-0202) or stop by the YMCA to make an appointment or complete this confidential online link: Online Link to YFund
- Bring your Notice of Assessment for all adults in your household to the appointment.
YMCA Child Minding Services
It’s not easy for families with young children to find the time to exercise and we want to help by providing free babysitting services for our Y members. YMCA child minding programs make it possible for families to stay active together. We provide young children a safe, welcoming environment while adults work out. Child minding is included in a membership, adult day pass and punch pass.
|Monday – Saturday Mornings||8:30 am – 12:00 pm|
|Monday – Thursday Evenings||4:00 – 7:30 pm|
|Sundays & Holidays||Not Available|
Not a YMCA Member? Try the Y with our convenient drop-in options
|Ages 14 & Under Day Pass||$10.00 (no tax)|
|Ages 15+ Day Pass (Child minding is included)||$10.00 (+ tax)|
|10 Punch Pass (Child minding is included)||$75.00 (+ tax)|