We know that summer day camp can be exciting, and also a little overwhelming for children and for parents.
To help here are six summer tips to prepare your child and you for a summer day camp experience.
Six summer day camp tips to prepare your child for camp
- Label your child’s belonging. For example: sweaters, water bottles and etc.
- Leave your child’s valuables at home. For example: electronics
- Talk to your child about their day at camp and communicate any concerns or kudos back to your child’s camp counsellor.
- Use a frozen water bottle as an icepack to keep your child’s lunch cold and as a cold drink for later in the day.
- Talk to your child in-advance about “how exciting camp will be” and give yourself extra time at drop-off for the first-day jitters.
- Fill out any medical forms or paper work in advance of the first camp day.
The YMCA is providing nine-weeks of summer day camp fun!
To learn more about the variety of camp options, including: Cooking Camp, Farm Camp, STEM Camp, Basketball Camp and more, please click here.