“The YMCA of Pictou County is excited to be part of Nova Scotia’s reopening plan. There is a need for Y services in our Community for the physical and mental health of residents. We will reintroduce programs slowly and safely according to Provincial guidelines.”
– Jodi Matlock Chair of the YMCA of Pictou County Board
We are working in partnership with the Pictou County Wellness on our planning and timelines through a phased approach.
Child Care Services Reopening:
YMCA Child Care Services will resume with operational safety changes on June 15, 2020 following all Provincial Guidelines.
We will continue the process to obtain licencing for our new Child Care location located at 53 High Street. Please contact Samantha MacDonald at Samantha.email@example.com if you are interested in preregistration.
Health, Fitness & Aquatics Services:
Fitness Services will resume in the following manner as Phase 1 Reopening plan (June 22-August 8):
- While the doors of the YMCA remain closed and locked, we will offer in person visits for those registered for a Program (by appointment only using program registration). Visit our online Phase 1 Reopening Guide for
more information; http://pcymca.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Phase-1-HFA-Re-opening-Programs_Final-1.pdf
- All YMCA Memberships will remain on Hold during Phase 1.
- Since the YMCA will remain closed to regular traffic, we will have staff available to answer phones Monday-Friday 9am-noon, commencing on Thursday June 18, 2020 (902-752-02020)
- All other Programs and services remain suspended until we can safely reinstate them as per provincial guidelines. We do not have timelines for reopening the Pool or if we can offer Summer
Day Camps. While we remain optimistic, we are still waiting on Public Health Guidelines and Provincial direction on this.
Future Phases of reopening (after August 9)
In Late July, we will share options for Members who wish to return to Memberships and how to use our new software to schedule your activities at the YMCA. It is most likely that the facility will remain closed and continue to use scheduled access throughout all of the initial phases of reopening.