Develop lifelong skills.
Continue advancing your swimming skills by enrolling in a YMCA Aquatic Course. Click on the course of your interest below for descriptions, dates, times and fees.
Bronze Star (10-12hr)
Excellent preparation for success in Bronze Medallion. Participants develop problem-solving and decision-making skills individually and in partners. Candidates learn CPR and develop the lifesaving skills needed to be their own lifeguard. This program includes a timed 400 m swim.
- Prerequisite: None (Swim Patrol experience recommended.)
- Candidate recognition: Bronze Star medal, Bronze Star Award crest, certification card.
Dates and Times
Saturdays (12 p.m. to 1 p.m.)
January 11th, January 18th, January 25th, February 1st, February 8th, February 15th, February 22nd, February 29th, March 7th and March 14th
YMCA Members $95.00 (tax included) (Member only program)
- Prerequisite: 13+ years of age or completed Bronze Star
Saturdays (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
January 5th, January 12th, January 19th and January 26th
YMCA Members $120 (tax included)
Non-members $160 (tax included)
YMCA PC Staff/Volunteer $50 (tax included)
YMCA Swim Instructor (YSI)
- Prerequisite: Must be at least 15 years of age, Bronze Cross or NLS Certification Recommended
YMCA Members $175.00 (tax included)
Non-members $205.00 (tax included)
February 1st (1p.m. – 6:30 p.m.), February 2nd (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.), February 8th (1 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.), February 9th (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.), February 29th (1 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.), March 1st( 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.), March 7th (1 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
National Lifeguard Certification (48hr+ exam)
- Prerequisite: Bronze Cross certification and 16+ years old by the day of the exam
Friday, May 8 (4 p.m. – 9 p.m. ), Saturday, May 9 and Sunday, May 10 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.), Friday, May 15 (4-9), Saturday, May 16 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.), Sunday, May17 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.), Saturday, May 23 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.), Sunday, May 24 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
YMCA Members $276 (tax included)
Non-members $345 (tax included)
YMCA Staff/Volunteer $50 (tax included)
Assistant YMCA Swim Instructor (AYSI) (27 hr) *New
- Prerequisites: To take this course, you must be 13 years or older, hold a current Star 7 or Bronze Star certification (or equivalent), and be able to swim strokes at YMCA Intermediate stroke standard.
After completing this course, you will be qualified to volunteer as a YMCA Assistant Swim Instructor during swimming lessons and help children learn to love the water. It’s a great way to practice your skills towards becoming a certified YMCA Swim Instructor.
Saturdays – March 21, March 28 (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.), April 4 (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.), April 11 (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
YMCA Members $160.00 (tax included)
Non-members $184 (tax included)
YMCA Staff/Volunteer $50.00