Develop lifelong skills.
Continue advancing your swimming skills by enrolling in a YMCA Aquatic Course. Click on the course of your interest below for descriptions, dates, times and fees.
Summer 2020 Aquatic Certification & First Aid Course (information, dates, fees and online registration):
Bronze Star (10-12hr)
Excellent preparation for success in Bronze Medallion. Participants develop problem-solving and decision-making skills individually and in partners. Candidates learn CPR and develop the lifesaving skills needed to be their own lifeguard. This program includes a timed 400 m swim.
- Prerequisite: None (Swim Patrol experience recommended.)
- Candidate recognition: Bronze Star medal, Bronze Star Award crest, certification card.
Dates and Times
Saturdays (12 p.m. to 1 p.m.)
coming Fall 2020
- Prerequisite: 13+ years of age or completed Bronze Star
Dates, Times, Fees and How to Register for Summer 2020:
YMCA Swim Instructor (YSI)
- Prerequisite: Must be at least 15 years of age, Bronze Cross or NLS Certification Recommended
- Prerequisite: Proficient Swimmer in multiple strokes
TBA: Fall 2020
National Lifeguard Certification (48hr+ exam)
- Prerequisite: Bronze Cross certification and 15+ years old by the day of the exam
Assistant YMCA Swim Instructor (AYSI) (27 hr) *New
- Prerequisites: To take this course, you must be 13 years or older, hold a current Star 7 or Bronze Star certification (or equivalent), and be able to swim strokes at YMCA Intermediate stroke standard.
After completing this course, you will be qualified to volunteer as a YMCA Assistant Swim Instructor during swimming lessons and help children learn to love the water. It’s a great way to practice your skills towards becoming a certified YMCA Swim Instructor.
Not Available in 2020